The Australian government offers highly competitive, merit-based scholarships called “Endeavour Postgraduate Awards” to qualified non-Australians who wish to enroll in Master’s or PhD-level postgraduate studies. You can pursue coursework or longer-term research in any topic for your course level. You can only apply for the scholarship if you are a citizen or legal resident of one of the participating nations. The selection requirements for it are high caliber academics with strong academic records.
Australia is home to leading international universities that produce cutting edge research in fields such as climate change, energy, environmental sciences, public health, and indigenous studies.
Funded by the Australian government this award will enable you to undertake part of your postgraduate or postdoctoral research in Australia.
The objective of the Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships is to provide individuals of academic merit with high-quality learning opportunities that contribute to Australia’s standing as a world leader in education and research.
The program supports Australia’s first National Strategy for International Education which sets out a 10-year plan for developing Australia’s role as a global leader in education, training, and research.
Since 2007, a total of 4,481 Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships have been received by internationals and 1,330 have been received by Australians to undertake research, study, or professional development across 127 eligible countries.
Benefits: Up to 272,500 AUD including stipend, allowances etc.
Click here to apply for Endeavour Postgraduate Awards (Australia)
Endeavour Postgraduate Awards Scholarship value/duration:
All successful individual short and long term Endeavour Leaders will receive AU$3,000 per month as a stipend (maximum amount of AU$36,000 per calendar year paid up to the maximum category duration on a pro-rata basis).
Successful Individual Endeavour Leaders are also eligible for:
- travel allowance of up to AU$3,000 (with provision to pay up to AU$4,500 under special circumstances).
- establishment allowance of between AU$2,000 and AU$4,000, dependent on category and duration of Award.
- health insurance for the full category duration (Overseas Student Health Cover [OSHC] for international recipients).
- travel insurance (excluding during program for international recipients).
International Endeavour leaders undertaking postgraduate qualifications (Masters or PhD) are eligible to receive tuition fees of up to AU$30,000 per calendar year, paid up to the maximum study/research duration on a pro-rata basis. Tuition includes student service and amenities fees.
The duration of the scholarship is up to 2 years for a Masters and up to 4 years for a PhD.
What the Endeavour Postgraduate Awards offers:
As a scholarship or fellowship recipient, you will gain invaluable international experience in study, research or professional development. The Department has engaged a contractor to provide post-selection support services to all recipients including: a dedicated case manager; pre-departure briefings; provision of advice on health; travel insurance; accommodation; security; payment of allowances; and reporting to the Department on the recipient’s progress.
Endeavour Postgraduate Awards Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to receive an Endeavour Scholarship or Fellowship, applicants must:
- be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their programme.
- be a citizen and/or permanent resident of a participating country.
- provide all relevant supporting documentation.
- not currently a beneficiary of any other scholarship by the Australian government.
Requirements For Applying
The requirements for all categories of the Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are the same:
- a record of high-level academic achievement and/or relevant work experience in the applicant’s chosen field of study.
- a well-defined study, research and professional programme.
- statement on how the international study, research or professional development opportunity would further the applicant’s academic and/or professional career.
- statement on how the international study, research or professional development(Australia) opportunity will benefit Australia and the applicant’s potential to foster ongoing collaboration and cooperation with their home and host country.s (Australia)
- statement in support of the applicant’s service to the community.
Apply for the Australian Endeavour Postgraduate Awards