International students from all over the world come to France to pursue their master’s and doctoral degrees through the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme established by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs. Candidates must be enrolled in an masters program or a PhD program that combines many academic disciplines. The scholarship does not pay for tuition; instead, it covers a range of extra expenses, including local transport expenses and monthly stipends.
Benefits: 1,181 Euro to 1,700 Euro per month.
Overview Of The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program was established by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education institutions to attract top foreign students to enroll in their masters and PhD programs.
It gives opportunity to the future foreign decision-makers of the private and public sectors, in priority areas of study, and encourages applicants up to 25 years old from developing countries at master’s level, and applicants up to 30 years old from developing and industrialized countries at PhD level.
The Eiffel scholarship programme, launched in January 1999 by the French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs, is aimed at foreign students whose outstanding ability has been recognised by French institutions of higher education who wish to sponsor these students for the rest of their studies.
Applications for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme is currently ongoing.
To apply for the French government’s Eiffel Scholarships Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
Excellence of the candidate: as evidenced by his or her previous academic records and, for the doctorate, the innovative nature of his or her research topic.
Nationality: This program is reserved for candidates of foreign nationality. Candidates with dual nationality, one of whom is French, are not eligible.
Age: for the Master’s program, the applicant must be 25 years old at the time of the 2022 application campaign. For the doctoral program, the candidate must be 30 years old at the time of the 2022 application campaign.
Language: the candidate’s language level must be in line with the level required by the chosen course.
Geographical location: for master’s level, the candidate studying in France is not eligible.
Benefits Of The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme
Eiffel’s scholars receive:
- The label “Government Scholars” and are therefore exempt from paying tuition fees.
- A monthly allowance of €1,181 for the master’s level, or €1,400 for the doctoral level.
- Accommodation at France’s students affairs organization, or a housing allowance if the candidate prefers to live in private accommodation.
- Reimbursement of the trip from the airport or train station to the first place of accommodation.
- French social security for non-EU citizens.
- The complementary health insurance.
For the 2023 academic year, the following courses are accepted for application for the scholarship.
Biology and Health.
Mathematics and Numerics.
History, French Language and Civilization.
Law, Political Science.
Applications are NOT accepted from students directly. Applications for Eiffel scholarships are submitted by French Higher Education Institutions.
Therefore, you must apply and meet the requirements of the French Higher Education Institution in order to be considered for the scholarship. Applications sent directly by students or sent by foreign institutions will be declared ineligible. The application deadline to participating French Institutions is earlier and falls around November-December 2022. The deadline for applications to Campus France is 10 January 2023.
Click here to apply
Conditions For Applying
Applicants must not have already applied for any scholarship provided by the French government.
Students who are applying for the second time will not be entertained even if the institution and course are different.
Students should also have a basic knowledge of the French language.
Note: Students who got the scholarship at the Masters’s level can re-apply for receiving the scholarship at a Ph.D. level.
The selection process for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship is carried out by a committee consisting of four panels of experts from the department of political science, law, engineering sciences, and management.
The members of the panels are not allowed to evaluate the applications form the institutions with which they are associated or affiliated.
Candidates are judged based on their academic performance as mentioned in their application forms.
The institution and the department of the candidates are also considered based on their contribution to promoting the Eiffel Excellence program.
Around 70% of the scholarships are offered to the candidates with outstanding academic performance and the rest 30% of scholarships are awarded to the candidates who have not received any scholarship
Apply for the Eiffel Scholarship