Jean Fitzgerald Scholarship 2023: Apply Now
The Jean Fitzgerald Scholarship is facilitated by the Hawaii Community Foundation. The scholarship was set up to honor Jean Fitzgerald, who was very involved in the Hawai’i Pacific Tennis Association throughout her life.
Jean was of the opinion that it was essential for aspiring young tennis players to continue their education in order to improve their tennis abilities and to be successful in other areas of life in addition to their tennis careers.
Every applicant is required to show that they are in financial need and have a good character. After the scholarship selection committees have met, which could take place at any point between May and August, the recipients of the awards will be notified.
About the Jean Fitzgerald Scholarship
The Hawai Community Foundation assists Island Community students by providing financial assistance in the form of grants and scholarships, allowing the community to grow and educate successfully.
The scholarship is named after Jean Fitzgerald, who was an active member of the Hawai Pacific Tennis Association.
Jean Fitzgerald had the idea of assisting community foundation students with their higher education in order for them to be successful in tennis.
The scholarship award can be used to cover all educational expenses such as books, tuition, and living expenses.
It may interest You to Check Out: Scholarship for International Students University of Calgary
Benefits of Jean Fitzgerald Scholarship
- Awardees are provided with financial assistance that can help cover the costs of tuition, books, and other educational expenses.
- Awardees receive mentorship and guidance from the Jean Fitzgerald Scholarship Program staff to help them succeed academically and professionally.
- Awardees can take advantage of exclusive networking and internship opportunities provided by the program.
- Awardees have access to a variety of support services, such as career counseling, academic counseling, and financial literacy workshops.
- Awardees are provided with access to alumni networks and professional contacts in the industry.
- Awardees are provided with exclusive resources and materials to aid in their studies and professional development.
- Awardees can receive individualized guidance and support from the program’s staff.
- Awardees can participate in events and activities sponsored by the program.
- Awardees can receive recommendations from the program’s staff for graduate school and job opportunities.
Jean Fitzgerald Scholarship: Eligibility Criteria
Students must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- This award is only available to students in the United States.
- You must be a current tennis player.
- Members of the USTA/Hawai’i Pacific Section may be given preference.
- It must be a woman.
- You must be a Hawaii resident.
- Full-time enrollment in an accredited two- or four-year college or university is required (12 credits per semester).
- A grade point average of 2.7 or higher is required to demonstrate academic achievement.
- You must be a US citizen.
- You must be a first-year student.
Don’t Miss This: FULBRIGHT FOREIGN STUDENTS SCHOLARSHIP
Jean Fitzgerald Scholarship: Requirements
The following criteria must be met in order to be considered for the Jean Fitzgerald Scholarship:
- Application form
- Personal statement
- Official Transcript
Jean Fitzgerald Scholarship: Worth
The scholarship provides each student with a one-time cheque of $3,500 that is not renewable; therefore, each student is required to submit a new application for the scholarship. Each year, the scholarship award may be split between two deserving students.
Jean Fitzgerald Scholarship: Deadline
This scholarship application must be submitted no later than Wednesday, February 1, 2023.
Jean Fitzgerald Scholarship: How to Apply
- All scholarship applications are processed online, so students must sign in to the scholarship manager website.
- An applicant must fill out the required personal information in 900 words or less.
- A student must also complete the FAFSA application form in order to generate a Student Aid Report, which demonstrates the student’s financial need.
- A student must submit official school or college transcripts as well as ACT/SAT grade cards.
You can get started by clicking on this link and fill in the necessary filled carefully to avoid mistakes.
Have You seen this? University of Stanford Scholarship 2023| Apply Now
Tips To Ace the Application
- Start your application early and leave plenty of time to research the scholarship and complete the application.
- Utilize the essay prompt as an opportunity to showcase your unique perspective and experiences.
- Make sure to include any relevant extracurricular activities, volunteer work, and leadership positions.
- Ensure that your application is complete and accurate, double-checking all the required documents.
- Make sure to follow the instructions for formatting and submission thoroughly and correctly.
- Ask for feedback from teachers, peers, and family members to help you refine your application.
- Take the time to write a compelling and thoughtful essay that shows your commitment to the scholarship.
- Pay close attention to the length, style, and content of the essay, making sure to answer the prompt in a clear and concise manner.
- Showcase your unique skills, experiences, and achievements in a way that highlights the impact they have had on your life.
- Proofread your application multiple times to ensure that it is error-free and polished.
You can contact them through the following avenues:
Address: Scholarship Administrator Hawaii Community Foundation 827 Fort Street Mall Honolulu, HI 96813 United States.
Students who love tennis and want to follow their dreams can get the help they need through the Jean Fitzgerald Scholarship.
This scholarship not only helps with money, but it also gives the winner the chance to be a part of an inspiring group of tennis professionals.
Applying for this scholarship is a great way for students to invest in their future and make a positive impact on their own health and the health of others.
Our Author’s Recommendations
Beverage Industry High School Scholarship 2023: Apply Now
Jackie Robinson Annual Scholarship 2023: How to Apply
David Knapp Scholarship 2023: How to Apply
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Programme