The East Tennessee State University Merit Scholarship is for new international students seeking to obtain an undergraduate and graduate degree from the university. This Scholarship may not be combined with other scholarships that cover tuition costs. The scholarship is worth up to $12,500 per year for each candidate.
Overview Of The East Tennessee State University Merit Scholarship
The International Students Scholarship aims at supporting eligible new international students enrolling for an undergraduate or a postgraduate study.
The university is developing a world-class environment to enhance student success and improve the quality of life in the region and beyond. The institution is large enough to offer all the opportunities that can be imagined but small enough to provide personal attention to students in their quest for knowledge.
The award is available for:
- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients.
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program.
The Scholarships Offered Are:
- Merit Scholarships: The scholarship is available to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree. Undergraduate students will be awarded $12,500 while graduate students are awarded $11,500.
- Creative Arts Scholarships for Out-of-State and International students available for all majors. The successful recipients will receive support in an amount equivalent to out-of-state tuition which is approximately $19,000 per academic year.
- Graduate Assistantships and Tuition Scholarships for graduate students only. International students may apply for graduate assistantships (GA) and tuition scholarships (TS). Only students in their first period of enrollment as graduate students at ETSU may apply for a TS.
Click here for the East Tennessee State University Merit Scholarship
East Tennessee State University Merit Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Scholarship is open to International Students. Applicants who have been admitted for Under Graduation and Post Graduation courses at ESTU are eligible.
Applicant must have a 3.0 GPA (high school, or college GPA, depending on if freshman, transfer, or graduate applicant).
Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 semester grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 semester GPA.
Applicant should maintain full time status. Applicant should have good academic record.
Applicant should need F-1 OR J-1 Student Visa.
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
East Tennessee State University Merit Scholarship
All international students who apply for admission to the university are considered for the scholarship. Upon admission, applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be offered the scholarship automatically.
Students are encouraged to submit scholarship applications as soon as they are admitted to ETSU.
Applicants who qualify for the scholarship will receive notice of the award in the admissions letter. Students who wish to accept the scholarship award must complete and submit a scholarship acceptance form within three weeks of the date on the admissions letter. Eligible students can find a link to the online scholarship acceptance form in the admissions letter.