Honoring the legacy and character of our nation’s 40th President, the GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program rewards college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with financial assistance to pursue higher education.
Each year, the Program selects a number of recipients to receive a $10,000 scholarship, renewable for up to three years – a total of $40,000 per recipient.
The awards are for undergraduate studies and may be used for educational expenses such as tuition, fees, books, supplies, room and board.
The GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program has awarded $7.4 million in scholarships to 185 diverse student leaders across the country since 2011. Recipients come from 40 different states and 110 different colleges.
Scholars are also invited to participate in a special awards program and receive ongoing leadership development assistance.
Here is everything you need to know about the scholarships and all the details you will be need to apply;
About GE Reagan Scholarship
This program recognizes America’s most promising young leaders who exemplify President Ronald Reagan’s leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship. Learn More.
Scholarship America, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals, administers this program.
Individual program eligibility is determined solely at the discretion of the sponsor, and eligible applications are reviewed by Scholarship America’s evaluation team.
Race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability, or national origin are not considered in awarding.
GE Reagan Scholarship Eligibility
Candidates for GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarships must:
- Show leadership, integrity, drive, and citizenship qualities at work, in school, and in your community.
- Strong academic performance must be demonstrated (minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or equivalent).
- Be United States of America citizens.
- be current high school seniors who will graduate in the winter or spring of 2022 from a high school in the United States or one of its territories or commonwealths. Candidates who attend high school abroad while residing on a base of the United States military are qualified.
- Plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate program for the entire academic year 2023–2024 at a four-year institution in the United States that is accredited.
GE Reagan Scholarship Requirements
Requirements for the GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship
- Application form required
- Financial need assessment necessary
- Essay needed
- References or recommendations are required.
- Community Service Is absolutely essential
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
Basic information about you, your parent/guardian, your high school, your preferred college, and your financial situation.
Please keep in mind that applicants are evaluated first and foremost on their merit. Financial data is only one aspect of the evaluation process.
- Your participation in extracurricular activities.
- Your participation in community service.
- Your participation in paid work.
- Write an essay about your leadership and service.
- A statement about your objectives.
- Transcripts from high school (semifinalists only).
- One piece of advice (semifinalists only).
- Financial information (semifinalists only).
- A declaration of your values (semifinalists only).
How to Apply for the GE Reagan Scholarship
You can apply for the scholarship by clicking on this link
NOTE: If you are chosen as a semifinalist, you will be given additional instructions for submitting supporting documentation to verify information in your application, such as your transcript and your parents’ tax form.
Semifinalists will also be required to provide a recommendation from a community leader, such as a high school principal, elected official, or nonprofit executive director.
GE Reagan Scholarship: Worth
Scholarship recipients will receive a $10,000 renewable award, up to a total of $40,000, to cover their tuition, school fees, books, supplies, and on-campus housing.
Additionally, they will participate in an exclusive, cost-free scholars retreat in California.
They will have the chance to get assistance all the way through their leadership endeavors in college and beyond.
The deadline for applications is January 5, 2023, at 3 p.m. CST
Tips to Ace Your Application
Applying for the GE Reagan Scholarship can be daunting, especially if you don’t know what to expect.
You can, however, improve your chances of acceptance with careful planning and preparation.
Here are some tips to help you succeed with the GE Reagan Scholarship:
- Before applying for the scholarship, carefully read the eligibility criteria and determine whether or not you qualify.
- Before submitting your application, make sure you have all of the necessary documents. Transcripts, letters of recommendation, test scores, and a personal statement are all required.
- Make your personal statement as detailed and pertinent as possible. Explain to the reviewers why you are applying for this scholarship and why you are a good fit.
- Take the time to research the institution and become acquainted with its mission and values. This will help you stand out from the crowd.
- Submit a well-written cover letter outlining your unique qualifications and career goals along with your application.
- It is important to prepare for an interview round for the GE Reagan Scholarship. To improve your chances of success, practice answering questions about yourself and your interests.
- Don’t put off submitting your application until the last minute. It’s always better to get it in early and double-check everything.
- Following the submission of your application, follow up with the scholarship committee to ensure that everything is in order.
- Keep all of your materials in one place throughout the process so you know exactly where they are when you need them.
- Even if you do not receive the scholarship, keep a positive attitude and remember that there will be more opportunities in the future.
You can make an informed decision about whether the GE Reagan Scholarship is right for you now that you understand what it is and how to apply. The scholarship can help you pursue your dreams and achieve your goals
If you do decide to apply for the scholarship, be sure to thoroughly read all the rules and requirements before submitting your application. Don’t forget to proofread your application several times before submitting it.
Best wishes on your path to becoming a GE Reagan Scholar!
Oxford University Clarendon Scholarship
The John S W Fargher Jr Scholarship 2023 is now open for applications
APF Queen-Nellie Evans Scholarship 2023: Apply Now
Jackie Robinson Annual Scholarship 2023: How to Apply