The Coca-Cola Scholarship Merit Badge
For over 25 years, the Coca-Cola Scholarship Merit Badge has provided more than 1,450 high school students with the opportunity to attend colleges and universities. Through this program, students have attended some of the most elite institutions in the country, including Harvard, Princeton, and Yale. Some of the Coca-Cola Scholars have become elected government officials, entrepreneurs, college administrators, and Broadway actors.
The Coca-Cola Scholars Program scholarship is an achievement-based scholarship awarded to students in their final year of high school. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, as well as their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. With the 34th class in 2022, the Foundation has provided over 6,600 Coca-Cola Scholars with more than $78 million in educational support. 150 Coca-Cola Scholars are selected each year to receive this $20,000 scholarship.
The Coca Cola Scholars Program is one of the most recognized and respected corporate sponsored scholarships in the United States. Created in 1986 as a joint effort of Coca-Cola Bottlers and The Coca-Cola Company to commemorate the 100th anniversary of their flagship brand, the program establishes a lasting legacy for the education of tomorrow’s leaders through college scholarships.
More than 4,250 scholarship recipients, called Coca Cola Scholars, have benefited from more than $38 million in college scholarship awards since the program was established.
Coca Cola Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Interested applicants must be:
- Current high school (or home-schooled) seniors in the United States.
- U.S. Citizens; U.S. Nationals; U.S. Permanent Residents; Temporary Residents (in a legalization program); Refugees; Asylees; Cuban-Haitian Entrants; or Humanitarian Parolees.
- Anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application.
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Have a minimum 3.00 GPA at the end of their junior year of high school.
- Children or grandchildren of employees, officers or owners of Coca Cola bottling companies, The Coca Cola Company, Company divisions or subsidiaries are not eligible.
Click here to apply.