The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente.
Overview Of University Twente Scholarship
University of Twente Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded masters scholarship for international students. Approximately 50 scholarships are available with a value of € 3,000 – € 22,000 for one year. However students can receive an additional UTS to cover the expenses of the second year.
These scholarships vary from government grants to funding by organizations or private persons. In addition, faculties and the University of Twente Scholarship Foundation (UTS) offer a limited number of scholarships to excellent students. Two scholarships can be awarded to UTS recipients: Kipaji Scholarship and Professor de Winter Scholarship.
University Twente Scholarship Value
University of Twente Scholarship provides the recipient with:
- € 3,000 – € 22,000 for one year.
In the case of a two-year study program, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year.
However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when students meet the process requirements for the UTS.
An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year.
At least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering and Management
- Communication Science
- Computer Science
- Construction Management and Engineering
- Educational Science and Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Environmental and Energy Management
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Interaction Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- Public Administration
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems and Control
To qualify for a UTS, candidates must fulfil all of the following requirements below:
- Application for an UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programmes starting in the academic year 2023/2024 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
- You must have a student number.
- You have not graduated from a UT graduate programme;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
- The Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class
You have to apply for a Master’s programme first. Once you applied for a Master’s programme and received a (conditional) admission letter, you can apply for the scholarship with your student number.
Click here to apply for the Twente Scholarship.