Adelaide International Scholarships Award
The Adelaide International Scholarships Award is open to postgraduate candidates from across the globe for a fully-funded scholarship. Several scholarships are awarded yearly to students with excellent academic records.
Overview Of The Adelaide International Scholarships Award
Adelaide International Scholarships Award offers scholarships to international students to pursue Master’s degree or Doctoral degree in the University of Adelaide, Australia which is internationally recognized for excellence in education and research. The University of Adelaide mainly aims to provide a creative and inspired university environment and culture that values the health, safety and well-being of its students.
The University of Adelaide International Scholarship is a highly competitive award that rewards commencing undergraduate and postgraduate coursework international students who have demonstrated academic excellence in previous studies.
Adelaide International Scholarships Award Scholarship Value
The Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) provides;
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Master degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only),
- An annual living allowance $28,854 (2022 rate, indexed annually) for two years for a Master degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only), and
- For Postgraduate Research (Subclass 574) visa holders, the award provides compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the standard duration of the student visa.
Adelaide International Scholarships Award Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for a University of Adelaide International Scholarship, the following eligibility conditions may apply;
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four-year degree with a major research project in the final year). All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Master degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master degree.
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date, or who have completed a Pre-Enrolment English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended program of study, are not eligible.
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature is ineligible.
- Candidates are required to enrol in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrolment in the University.
- International applicants are not eligible if they have already commenced the degree for which they are seeking an award unless they can establish that they were unable to apply in the previous round.
- Scholarships holders must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered.
- Applicants who applied and were eligible for consideration in an international scholarship round, and were unsuccessful, will automatically be reconsidered in the following international scholarship round, assuming they hold a valid offer of candidature for that intake.
- The offer of a scholarship is dependent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor.
It is not necessary to apply for the University of Adelaide Global Academic Excellence Scholarship because this scholarship will be automatically awarded to students who meet the eligibility requirements.
No separate Scholarship application form is required. Scholarship recipients will be confirmed at the point of acceptance.
A list of eligible students will be provided to faculties for selection of scholarships. Successful applicants will be advised in writing within fourteen days of faculty approval.
Click here to apply