Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships
The Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships Program (QES) was created to improve global talent exchange between Canada and other nations. The award is for postgraduate studies and awards up to $300,000 CAD. This is one of the prestigious awards in Canada for International students applying for international scholarships.
Overview Of The Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships
Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee (QES) Research Scholarship was funded in partnership with a UOIT partner university in a Commonwealth country to the students of Canada who are interested to pursue a research degree under the graduate program, University of Ontario is a public research university based in Ontario.
The QES is managed through a unique partnership of Universities Canada, the Rideau Hall Foundation (RHF), Community foundations of Canada (CFC) and Canadian universities. This program is made possible with financial support from the government of Canada, provincial governments and the private sector. The QES program engages a dynamic community of young global leaders to create lasting impact both at home and abroad through cross-cultural exchanges encompassing international education, discovery and inquiry and professional experiences.
Eligibility Criteria Of The Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships
Open to students registered full time in the Faculty of Graduate Studies. The QES Program at the University of Calgary aims to further international development with low and middle income countries. Scholarship candidates will pursue studies and conduct research related to international development issues, as such candidates must have the following:
- Candidates must meet the University of Calgary language requirements.
- Be 35 years of age or under at time of application.
- Be a citizen of a partner country, under the QES program.
- Canadian citizens and/or Permanent Residents are not eligible.
Applications are done online. To apply for the scholarship, certain documents must be submitted.
Documents to be submitted:
- Letter of intent by the candidate, outlining the proposed research exchange, including objectives of the research, relevance to thesis, and expected benefits of the exchange.
- Letter of support from a UOIT faculty member.
- Letter of support from a host researcher or faculty member at the host institution.
Apply here for the QES Scholarship