Schwarzman Scholarship is a fully funded masters scholarship for international students. 200 scholars are chosen annually for this highly selective program who will work towards a Master’s Degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing. This scholarship covers tuition fees, room and board, health insurance and a stipend of $4,000 for personal expenses.
Schwarzman Scholarship Value
Schwarzman Scholarship at Tsinghua University provides the recipient with:
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year.
- An in-country study tour.
- Required course books and supplies.
- A stipend of $4,000 for personal expenses.
Schwarzman Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome, but it is important for applicants, regardless of undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop their leadership potential within their field.
- Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year.
English language proficiency.
Applicants must demonstrate strong English language skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English.
If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application.
Acceptable test options are:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT). Minimum score 600.
- Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT). Minimum score 100.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum score 7.
- This requirement is waived for applicants who graduated from an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least two years of the applicant’s academic program. The requirement will also be waived for applicants who have studied in English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher.
Create an online account for international applicants.
For applicants with Chinese passports, visit the university’s website for instructions.
Start filling the application with the following info:
- Language Skills and Test scores.
- Essays, Transcripts, Resume CV.
Click here to apply