The Global Korea Scholarship is accepting applications for bachelor’s degree programs and associate degree programs. International students from all over the globe can apply for this international scholarship program. The Korean Government provides a total of 200 scholarships to students from more than 150 countries. The 2022 GKS was previously known as the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP).
Overview Of The Global Korea Scholarship
The Global Korea Scholarship aims to promote “international exchanges in education” and “mutual friendship” between South Korea and other countries. It is open to aspiring undergraduate and postgraduate students.
What is the scholarship period?
- Master’s degree programme: three years (one year of Korean language programme + two years of degree programme).
- Doctoral degree programme: four years (one year of Korean language programme + three years of degree programme).
- Research programme: six months or one year.
- The scholarship cover full tuition fees.
- A free return air ticket.
- Settlement Allowance will be provided, 200,000 KRW.
- A monthly Allowance will be provided, 900,000 KRW.
- The scholarship will cover the fee of 1-Year Korean Language Training.
- University Admission fees waiver.
- National Health Insurance will be provided.
- Korean Proficiency Grants will be provided, 100,000 KRW/month.
- Degree Completion Grants will be provided once, 100,000 KRW.
Level of Applicants Education
- graduated (or are expected to graduate) from a high school can apply for a Bachelor’s degree program or an Associate degree program.
- graduated (or are expected to graduate) from an associate degree program can only apply for a Bachelor’s degree program.
- are expected to graduate must first submit a certificate of expected graduation at the time of application. If such applicants pass the final round of selection, they must submit a graduation certificate (or a degree certificate) by February 28, 2023.
- have a bachelor’s degree cannot apply.
Global Korea Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be a citizen of Global Korea Scholarship partner countries.
- The candidate should not hold Korean citizenship or dual citizenship.
- Bachelor’s Degree Program or Associate Degree Program; The candidates must have graduated from high school or are expected to graduate by February 28, 2023.
- The candidates who have an associated degree or are expected to graduate by Feb 28, 2023, can only apply for the bachelor’s degree.
- The candidates must be under 25 years of age.
- The candidates must be in good health.
- A candidate should maintain his GPA in order to sustain the scholarship.
Required Documents for Global Korea Scholarship
- TWO letters of Recommendation.
- Personal Medical Assessment.
- Certificate of Graduation.
- High school Grade Transcripts.
- Proof of Overseas Korean.
- Proof of Korean Citizenship.
- Awards and other certificates (Optional).
- Certificate of valid TOPIK score (Optional).
- Certificate of valid English Proficiency Test (Optional).
- Applicant’s Passport Copy (Optional).
- Proof of Korean War Veterans‟s Descendants (ONLY for descendants of Korean War Veterans).
Click here to apply