Indonesian Government Scholarship
The Indonesian Government Scholarship is one of the fully Funded scholarship programs for undergraduates and graduates.
Beasiswa Kemitraan Negara Berkembang, popularly known as KNB Scholarship, is a prestigious scholarship program offered by the government of Republic of Indonesia to selected applicants originating from developing countries. Managed by the Directorate General of Higher Education, Ministry of Education and Culture, the scholarship has been disbursed since 2008 to 1,290 recipients from 94 countries.
Indonesian Government Scholarship Offered Courses
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Literary studies
- Cultural studies
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Naval Architect & Marine Engineering
- Geological Engineering
- Informatics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Remote Sensing
- Environmental Sciences
- Public Health
- Sports sciences
- Pharmacy Studies
- Public Administration
- Political Science
- Economics/Development Study
- Communication & Media
- International Relations
- Community Empowerment
- Indonesian Education
- Educational Science
- Social Science Education
- Natural Science Education
- Primary School Teacher Education
- Out of School Education/ Informal
- Applied Linguistics
- History Education
- Instructional Education
- Educational Management
- Educational Research & Evaluation
- Vocational & Technology Education.
Indonesian Government Scholarship Value
Indonesian Government KNB Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- A Settlement Allowance of IDR 1,250,000 will be given to new students upon their arrival in Indonesia;
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, the new students will only receive a Living Allowance of IDR 2,550,000 per month;
- During the Master Program, the KNB students will receive a scheme of monthly allowance as detailed below:
- – Living Allowance IDR 2,550,000
- – Research Allowance IDR 400,000
- – Books Allowance IDR 350,000
- A health insurance with a maximum of IDR 200,000 monthly premium;
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class) from the international airport of the student’s home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university.
Indonesian Government Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for Indonesian Government KNB Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Undergraduate: Have the English Proficiency Test Score as follows: IBT TOEFL of 80, IELTS of 6.0, TOEIC of 700.
- Masters: Have at least the IBT TOEFL score of 80, or IELTS score of 6.0, or TOEIC score of 700 (the certificate must be obtained within last 2 Years).
- Doctorate: Have a TOEFL or IELTS (or other certified English Proficiency Test) score of 90 TOEFL IBT or 7.0 IELTS or equivalent (the certificate must be obtained within the last 2 Years).
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Required Documents
- Recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in the respective country.
- Nomination letter from the respective government official (Ministry of Education, other related Government Agency – should the applicant works for the Government Agency, or Embassy of the Applicant’s Country of Origin in Indonesia);
- 2 Academic Recommendation letters;
- Scanned passport (personal data page only) or birth certificate;
- Scanned bachelor certificate and academic transcripts (in English);
- Scanned TOEFL score certificate (or other English Proficiency Tests) obtained within the last 2 Years;
- Scanned Official Medical Statement (Official Diagnose) prepared by a certified physician.
- Download the Invitation Letter (Available in the KNB Scholarship website);
- Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to acquire the recommendation letter;
- Complete the online application process;
- Selection process;
- Selection Results Announcement. The Selection Results will be announced online via the KNB Scholarship Website and officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network
Click here to apply