Holland Government Scholarships for International Students
Non-EEA and Dutch students who want to do their bachelor’s or masters in the Netherlands have a chance to apply for the Holland Government Scholarships for International Students. The program is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science as well as several Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
Overview Of The Holland Government Scholarships for International Students
Scholarships are financial aid awards designed to help students pay for an undergraduate or graduate degree. A scholarship can be a one-time check. Sometimes it is renewable and provide money for students each semester or school year.
Scholarships are free!!! They aren’t meant to be paid back unlike student loans.
Students might receive the money directly or it might be sent to their school.
Scholarships are gotten from government, organisations, NGOs, private individuals etc.
Holland Government Scholarships for International Students is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science as well as several Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
The scholarship amounts to € 5,000. You will receive this in the first year of your studies. Please note that this is not a full-tuition scholarship.
The scholarship allows Masters, Undergraduate level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Leiden University, Utrecht University, University of Groningen, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Maastricht University, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Radboud University Nijmegen, Tilburg University, Delft University of Technology, Eindhoven University of Technology, University of Twente, Wageningen University and Research Centre.
The deadline of the scholarship is 01 May 2023.
This scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science as well as several Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
The Holland Scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their bachelor’s or master’s in the Netherlands. Are you ready for the chance of a lifetime? Apply for the Holland Scholarship!
Holland Government Scholarships for International Students Code of conduct
Holland Scholarship or programmes managed by Holland Scholarship may not be involved in activities involving unacceptable behaviour. It can be about interpersonal or financial misconduct or abuses of power. Holland Scholarship has an Integrity Code of Conduct to combat unacceptable behaviour. In addition, activities involving the following situations/behaviour are considered unacceptable:
- bankruptcy, insolvency or winding-up procedures;
- breach of obligations relating to the payment of taxes or social security contributions;
- conduct related to a criminal organisation;
- money laundering or terrorist financing;
- terrorist offenses or offenses linked to terrorist activities;
- creating a shell company;
- being a shell company.
Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
Institution(s): Participating research universities and Participating universities of applied sciences
Study in: Netherlands
Courses Offered: Bachelor’s or Master’s Program in eligible fields of study offered by the participating institutions.
Scholarship coverage: €5,000
Program Period: The grant is awarded for one year and can only be received once.
Deadline: February 01, 2023 / May 01, 2023 / June 01,2023
Holland Government Scholarships for International Students Study Fields
Holland Government Scholarship for International Students is available in the following fields for Bachelor, and Master’s Degrees.
- Agriculture and Environment
- Economics, Commerce, Management, and Accounting
- General Programs
- Health Care, Social Service, and Care Services
- Health Catering, Tourism, Leisure, Transport, and Logistics
- Humanities, Social Sciences, Communication, and Arts
- Law, Public Administration, Public Order and Safety
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences, and Computer Science
- Teacher Training
Holland Government Scholarships for International Students Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for Holland Scholarship, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: Non-EEA International Students
- You are applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s program at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions.
- Your nationality is non-EEA.
- You meet the specific requirements of the institution of your choice. You can find these on the website of the institution. For more click here
- You do not have a degree from an education institution in the Netherlands.
Please follow the following instructions to avail Holland Scholarship:
- Apply for the Holland Scholarship. Click here
- You can find an overview of participating Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences as well as selected fields of study.
- Compose a letter of motivation (max. 500 words) to the university, in which you describe why you are a talented student, taking into account both your academic achievements and extracurricular activities (e.g. voluntary work).
- Indicate in your online application that you are applying for the Holland Scholarship and upload your scholarship motivation letter where indicated. The university will contact you to let you know if you have been awarded a scholarship.
Holland Government Scholarship For International Students Application Deadline
The application round for the academic year 2023-2024 will open on 1 November 2022.
The deadline for application is either 1 February 2023 or 1 May 2023.
Click here to apply