Singapore International Graduate Awards
Are you interested in studying at one of the top universities in Singapore? Singapore International Graduate Awards allows you to pursue a Ph.D. in Singapore and take your research to the next level. Pursuing a Ph.D. at one of the top universities in Singapore is an exciting opportunity to take your research to a new level.
Overview Of The Singapore International Graduate Awards
The Singapore International Graduate Award 2023-2024 offers international students with exceptional academic records a full scholarship to pursue a Ph.D. in Singapore’s renowned institutions. Through this program, prospective students have the chance to benefit from the expertise of some of the world’s most respected academics and gain firsthand experience in a cutting-edge research environment. Whether you are looking to push the boundaries of your field or expand your skillset with cutting-edge knowledge, the Singapore Ph.D. program provides an invaluable opportunity for working professionals and graduates alike to jumpstart their research careers by becoming part of one of the most prominent academic nations in Asia.
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a prestigious opportunity to help foster young, ambitious professionals in Singapore to help them further their careers in the country. Through this award, students pursuing doctoral studies at any of the acclaimed universities within the country can receive up to two years of fully funded scholarships. These universities, Nanyang Technological University, the National University of Singapore, the Singapore Management University, and the Singapore University of Technology are collaborating with the Agency for Science to offer this incredible educational opportunity. The SINGA scholarships ensure that students from any background with great initiative can accomplish their goals and make a positive contribution to their chosen field.
Scholarship Host Country: Singapore
Host Institutions: A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, & SUTD.
Course Level: PhD/Doctorate
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Eligibility: International students
Deadline: 1 June 2023
Singapore International Graduate Awards Value
- Tuition fee waiver
- Monthly Stipend from S$2,000 to S$2,700.
- One-time Airfare Grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time Settling in Allowance of S$1,000.
Singapore International Graduate Awards Eligibility Criteria
- All international graduates can apply for the 2023 SINGA Scholarship.
- You should have a passion for research.
- You must have good writing skills and fluency in English.
- The applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree.
- The applicants must have excellent academic results.
- The applicant must be proficient in the English language.
- SINGA needs no specific certificate for English Language Proficiency as it can be assessed during the interview. However, an English Language Certificate can be a requirement of the individual university.
- Singaporean nationals or candidates who already have completed tertiary education in Singapore can not apply.
- The applicants who wish to apply for the master’s program are not eligible.
- Only the candidates who want to pursue their Ph.D. in science and engineering are eligible.
- PhD courses for social sciences, humanities, economics, etc are not eligible.
Singapore International Graduate Awards Supporting Documents
- Copy of passport
- Passport-size photo
- Bachelor’s Academic Transcripts,
- Master’s Academic Transcripts,
- Two recommendation letters.
The application deadline to apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award 2023-24 is 1 June 2023 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore Time)
- The candidates have to submit all the necessary documents online.
- The candidates have to select the research projects by browsing the projects from “Go to Research Areas”.
- The referees have to send the reference letters directly to SINGA.
- The application process will start once at least two reference letters will be received by SINGA.
- Soft copies of the required documents must be uploaded to the online application.
- Applicants who are applying through the SINGA portal are not required to apply on university portals separately.
- Try to submit your application at least two weeks before the deadline because once the application is submitted your referees receive an email and they have 7 days to complete and send the reference letters.
- The candidates have to elaborate their research proposals in the application forms.
- The candidate can submit more than one or up to 3 research proposals.
- There is no need to contact the supervisor in order to apply for SINGA.
- The candidates can apply in any field of interest for PhD and there is no compulsion to follow the major in bachelor.
Click here to apply.