Women Techmakers Scholars Program
The Women Techmakers Scholars Program scholarships are for women from Africa (as well as Europe and the Middle East) to study computer science, computer engineering or a closely related technical field at any study level at a university in one of the aforementioned regions.
Overview Of The Women Techmakers Scholars Program
The Women Techmakers Scholars Program is formerly popular as the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program. Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive 74,390/-. A group of females is selected from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on merit and academic background. All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the annual Google Scholars’ Retreat in Mountain View, California to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers, and participate in several development workshops.
Google is promoting Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of making gender equality in the field of computer science by inspiring women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field. Google proudly honors’ Anita’s memory and supports women in technology with the following scholarship programs:
- Women Techmakers Scholarship for Computer Science (APAC, EMEA, and NA)
- Women Techmakers Scholarship for gaming in partnership with Stadia, Google’s all-new gaming platform (EMEA and NA)
- Women Techmakers Irish University Scholarship (Ireland)
Women Techmakers Scholars Program Eligibility Criteria
- Identify as a female.
- Applicants will be studying in their first or second-year undergraduate program.
- Currently enrolled at a recognized university as a full-time undergraduate program.
- Excellent academic record.
- Applicants must be studying Computer Science, Computer engineering, or any technical program.
- Updated Resume
- Latest academic scores
- Responses to three short answer questions and five essay questions
- Applicant’s information including details about the current institution and candidates’ information.
Benefits of Women Techmakers Scholarship
The scholarship is provided to candidates annually during the course duration.
Scholars get a paid expense trip of 3 days to a Google office and a chance to meet experts.
The Scholarship encourages women to work together and change the facet of the technological field by collaborating on projects across the world.
- Academic transcripts from your current institutions (and prior, if applicable)
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Responses to two short answer essay questions
- Resume/CV highlighting technical projects and participation in community engagement
- 15 minute “meet and greet” per shortlist participant
- Google Online Challenge (Invitation to the challenge will be sent 5-7 working days post application deadline).
Click here to apply