Graduate students studying international trade can apply for the National Council on International Trade Development Scholarship Program.
Applicants must have a 3.0 GPA or B-grade average.
Application Opening: February, 2023
Scholarship Amount: Varies
Overview Of The National Council on International Trade Development Scholarship Program
NCITD is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing direct expertise on a range of international trade topics. It was found in 1967.
In order to provide and promote international trade education, NCITD has established international scholarships. It’s a yearly scholarship for students of international trade studies. Scholarships given to students will be paid directly to the institution, in the name of the student. Apart from availing of scholarship, Students will receive a one-year NCITD membership and will be allowed to attend monthly meetings.
Accepted Fields Of Study
The scholarship is available for students who have a keen interest in trade related studies and want to seek admissions in one of the following courses:
National Council on International Trade Development Scholarship Program Summary
No of scholarships: Not specified, its number varies each year
Host country: United States of America
Host institute: National Council on International Trade Development and Affiliated ones
Level of study: scholarships are available for undergraduate and postgraduate study programs
Courses: Offered by the University of Hawaii
Benefits: Tuition fee
Deadlines: 29th April for the same year
- Applicants must have at least “junior” status this year in an accredited U.S. college or university with at least a 3.0 Grade Point Average or equivalent “B” average.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing either an undergraduate or graduate degree in International Trade studies, such as political science, international relations, economics, international business, international law, international finance, etc. (including study abroad programs affiliated with a U.S. university).
Applicants must complete and submit:
- The NCITD Scholarship application form;
- A copy of the most current transcript from the college or university;
- A letter of recommendation from the sponsoring NCITD member; or from a work colleague or professor;
- A brief (2500 words or less) narrative from the applicant explaining his/her interest in international trade and why the applicant should be awarded this scholarship, including merit and financial need.
Criteria for Selection, In Order Of Importance
- Proven interest or experience in international trade, e.g., education, work or volunteering;
- Current academic standing and performance, including honors and extracurricular activities;
- Strength of the narrative submission and recommendations by NCITD member, professor or work colleague.
- Preference will be given to candidates sponsored by employees of NCITD member firms.
Selection Process For The National Council on International Trade Development Scholarship Program
- For consideration for this year’s academic terms, all applications must be submitted by May 1.
- The Application, transcript, recommendation and narrative essay should be mailed in a single package
- emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Scholarship Committee will select the winner(s) and announce the award(s) no later than May 15.
- The winner(s) will be notified by e-mail and letter.
- The scholarship(s) will be presented at the June 12 NCITD meeting.
The application form can be found here