The Visby Programme Scholarships
The Visby Programme provides a number of full scholarships for master’s programmes in Sweden to students from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine. The scholarship covers the tuition fee, living expenses of SEK 9,000 per month, insurance, and a one-time travel grant of SEK 5,000.
Overview Of The The Visby Programme Scholarships
The Swedish Institute’s Visby Program Scholarship for Master’s Studies provides a fully-funded scholarship to pursue a master’s degree in Sweden. The scholarship awards students who are willing and keen on contributing to sustainable development in their respective home countries.
The accepted students for the Visby Program Scholarship for Master’s Studies will receive memberships to the SI Network for Future Global Leaders and the SI Alumni Network that will help the students to be well-connected to the resourceful people in the field and the country and develop strong professional connections.
The Visby program is aimed at contributing to individual mobility thereby increasing contacts. The scholarships are awarded by Visby in collaboration with actors in Sweden and countries in the EU Eastern Partnership and Russia.
The objective of the program is to develop an integrated, knowledge oriented and research focused region, where the scholarships offered by the Visby program in masters degree for the students who have their origin or citizenship in countries that are listed in application form are applicable for scholarship.
- Tuition fees: paid directly to the Swedish university by SI
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 5,000/academic year
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development.
The Visby Programme Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to apply for Visby Program Scholarship for Master’s Studies is as follows:
- Only students from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, and Ukraine are eligible to apply to this scholarship.
- The scholarship is provided to students applying to master’s studies in Sweden only.
- Certain Universities and faculty qualify for this program. Please check the list of programs that come under this scholarship.
- The student should have an admission offer from the university and should be liable to pay the tuition fees to the university.
- You must have demonstrated work experience. The experience may be demonstrated through current or previous full- or part-time employment, paid or unpaid internship, volunteer assignments, as well as through positions as chairperson or board member at student unions or student organizations.
- You will be required to certify the experience in your application.
- Strong work experience within the field of environmental and social sustainability, innovation, responsibility in management, or sustainable economic growth will be prioritized, especially experience from civil society or the public sector.
- Be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, according to the information at University Admissions.
- Have paid the application fee for master’s programs at University Admissions on time.
- Be admitted (including conditionally admitted) to one of the eligible master’s programs.
- You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment.
- You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship program.
- There are also conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more
The Visby Programme Scholarships Application Process
The application process to apply for the Visby Program Scholarship for Master’s Studies is as follows:
- The student needs to apply for a master’s degree through the link given on the scholarship website.
- After applying to the degree, the student is asked to apply for the scholarship form.
- The student needs the following documents that are required to complete the application.
- Motivation letter in a PDF format. The website has a sample attached that gives an idea of what message or information is expected from the applicant’s letter.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) not more than 3 pages. The additional pages will not be considered, hence the student needs to mindfully edit and mention the relevant and required work experience.
- One letter of reference is mandatorily needed. The student can submit two letters also. One of them has to be from a supervisor from your work experience.
- Experience letters from the various professional work experiences.
- Proof of valid passport should also be submitted.
- Due to the high volume of applications, the online application portal is usually under heavy pressure at the end of the application period. Therefore, applicants are advised to not wait till the last days and apply for the scholarship as early as possible.
The admission committee screens all the applications and disqualifies all the ones which do not meet the eligibility criteria that are expected from an applicant. This also includes incomplete applications or any wrong forms. Hence, the student needs to make sure they have submitted all the required documents and read through the guidelines.
Once the applications are gone through the screening process, the rest of the applicants are graded according to:
- Academic excellence
- Work experience
- Professional capabilities
- Vision to contribute to international developments.
- The committee gives the greatest priority to certain master programs at various universities in Sweden.
Click here to apply for the The Visby Programme Scholarships