Each year, the Government Of Romania Scholarship, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries. Only candidates having good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school, of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the « Good » score, as the case are eligible.
Scholarships for studies in accredited higher education institutions in Romania are awarded through a competition of files based on the regulations in force, by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Ministry of Education (ME).
The scholarships are granted for three levels of study:
- For the first cycle (licenta): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university systems, as well as to candidates who require the equivalent of partial studies and the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta);
- For the 2nd cycle (master): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post-graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation;
- For the 3rd cycle (doctorate) the scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis.
Romanian Government Scholarship Details
Offered by: Government of Romania
Degree level: Undergraduate, Master, PhD
Scholarship coverage: Fully Funded
Eligible nationality: International
Award country: Romania
Last Date: 15 March 2023.
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students hostels, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing :
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for undergraduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle.
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for postgraduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle.
- These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to personally support any other additional expenses.
Government Of Romania Scholarship Accepted Fields Of Study
The Fields offered by the Romania Scholarship are given below.
- Romanian culture and civilization
- Political and administrative sciences
- Social and human sciences
Note: Scholarships are NOT awarded in the fields of medicine, dental medicine, and pharmacy.
These facilities are granted throughout the study period, as follows:
- for students enrolled in the Romanian language preparatory year, during its courses;
- for students enrolled in bachelor’s and master’s studies, during the academic year and during the legal holidays, but not during the summer vacation. If students have to stay at the faculty during the summer vacation for curricular activities or if there are specific legal provisions, the rights are maintained during the summer vacation;
- for doctoral students enrolled in full-time learning, throughout the calendar year;
- another 30 days after completing university studies lasting at least 1 year.
Eligibility Criteria For The Government Of Romania Scholarship
To be eligible, the scholarship applicant must:
- present study documents issued by accredited/recognized education institutions in the country where they were issued;
- comply with the enrolment deadline;
- have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the « Good » score, as the case;
- comply with the application submission methodology.
Each candidate will create an account on the Study in Romania platform, will fill in the requested data and upload the following documents:
- Copies of the diplomas obtained (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent, plus bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate degree, if applicable) and their authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copies of transcripts of the completed studies and their authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the birth certificate (or equivalent document) and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the first three pages of the passport or of the national document of identity and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae in English or French in the required format and, for the doctoral cycle, also a letter of intent from the applicant in English, French, Spanish or Romanian language.
The application file will also contain the following documents (only for candidates falling within the specific category mentioned for each document):
- Proof of name change (if applicable) – copy and legalized translation.
- The certificate attesting the passing of the baccalaureate, bachelor’s. master’s or doctoral exam, as the case may be, for current year’s graduates – copy and certified translation.
- Certificate of graduation of the Romanian preparatory year or Language Proficiency Certificate, if applicable.
- Declaration on parental consent in case of juvenile candidates (in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian).
Click here to apply for the Government Of Romania Scholarship