Nottingham Developing Solutions Scholarships
The University of Nottingham Developing Solutions Scholarships is offering 105 scholarships covering 50% or 100% of full-time masters tuition fees. These are available for high-achieving international students who live in Africa, India or selected Commonwealth countries.
University of Nottingham is proud to be offering full tuition fee scholarships in conjunction with Developing Solutions Scholarship Scheme. Founded in 2001, Developing Solutions is The University of Nottingham’s flagship international scholarship programme for postgraduate masters courses.
The Developing Solutions Scholarship Programme is designed for international students from Africa, India or one of the selected Commonwealth countries who want to pursue a Master’s Degree in the University of Nottingham and make a difference to the development of their home country.
Nottingham Developing Solutions Scholarships Levels/Fields Of Study
Full-time Masters Degree Programmes (including MRes) at Nottingham for October 2023 in any subject area within the following faculties:
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Science
Nottingham Developing Solutions Scholarships Eligible Countries
Students domiciled in the following countries:
Africa (all nations), Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kiribati, Malaysia, Maldives, Montserrat, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tristan da Cunha, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
Nottingham Developing Solutions Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- be domiciled in Africa, India or one of the selected Commonwealth countries (listed above)
- be classed as an overseas student for fee purposes
- hold an offer to start a full-time masters (including MRes), at the University of Nottingham UK in October 2023, within the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Faculty of Science or Faculty of Social Sciences.
- First, you need to have applied for and received an offer for study before you can apply for the scholarship
- Next, apply online using the online applicant portal (the scholarships section of NottinghamHub)
- Attach all supporting documents to your application form
- After the offer is confirmed, you will be issued with a postgraduate application number by the Admissions office.
- Preview the online application questions on the scholarship application page, type out your answers, review them, and submit them when you are satisfied.
- After you submit your scholarship application online, you will see an automatic acknowledgment page showing that your application has been received.
- Ensure that you answer all the questions, and fill the form correctly.
- Finally, you will receive an email indicating the outcome of your application in early July 2022.
- In your application, you will be asked about your achievements, study plans, and reasons for choosing to study at the University.
- You should also outline how studying at the University of Nottingham will help you contribute to the development of your home country.
Applicants will be assessed first and foremost on how they can demonstrate their vision, and tangible plan for developing a specific solution that will positively contribute to key economic, environmental, structural, social, or political challenges within in their home country.
Strong applicants will be able to link this to the learning outcomes of their course of study, and how this will facilitate their efforts. Where the ethos of Developing Solutions has been clearly evidenced, applications will then be looked at in line with more traditional scholarship criteria, including your reasons for studying at Nottingham and noteworthy achievements.
Make sure you have enough time to prepare strong answers. We will assess your responses and academic merit when making scholarship decisions.
Please note that there is a strict word count limit for all questions, which is outlined at the end of each question. The system does not automatically limit this, so you would be encouraged to check your application before you submit. Any responses submitted that exceed the outlined word count may not be reviewed.
Click here to apply for the Nottingham Developing Solutions Scholarships