Chalmers IPOET Scholarships for International Students
Chalmers IPOET Scholarships for International Students will be offering around 35 IPOET scholarships in 2023, funded by the Swedish Council for Higher Education, to prospective fee-paying students.
Overview Of The Chalmers IPOET Scholarships for International Students
Chalmers University of Technology is a Swedish university located in Gothenburg that focuses on research and education in technology, natural sciences, architecture, mathematics, maritime and other management areas.
Chalmers Scholarship for International Students are awarded to those of excellent academic record, keeping in mind the stature of their home university.
There is no restriction regarding the field of study for Scholarship. All incoming international students commencing studies at Chalmers University of Technology are eligible.
The Scholarship is a non-renewable funding program.
Chalmers IPOET Scholarships for International Students Summary
Application Deadline: 16th January 2023
Offered annually: Yes
Eligible Countries: International & Sweden
Where will it be taken (country): Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Accepted Subject Areas: Unrestricted – all of the current Master’s programmes at Chalmers.
Chalmers Scholarships for International Students Value
- A 75% reduction of the tuition fees (4 semesters / 2 year programme)
- Students who excel during their first year of studies may receive an increased scholarship reduction, which covers 85% of the tuition fee during the second and final year of studies
- No funds are transferred to the scholarship laureates
Chalmers for International Students Grant Details
- The Scholarship, although awarded by Chalmers University, is actually funded by the Swedish Council for Higher Education. It facilitates affordable higher education for international students at the Masters level by granting them a 75% fee waiver.
- It is awarded to prospective students who pay full tuition fees.
- If a recipient excels in their first year of study, they may receive up to 85% fee reduction in the second year of study.
- The funds are not given to the students, but are directly applied to their fees.
- Meritorious students applying to the university for a Masters program have this golden opportunity to fund their degree.
Chalmers IPOET Scholarships for International Students Eligibility Criteria
- Citizens from non-EU/EEA countries who are required to pay tuition fees for Swedish university education.
- 1st year Master’s Programme applicants.
- Students are to first apply for admission at Chalmers University of Technology for the Masters program(s) of their choice after checking the eligibility criteria, and pay the application fee.
- The scholarship application must be made from the same email address used to register for the Masters program.
- You will have received an 8-digit application number at hand from applying to the Masters program, which you will have to use as your User ID while starting the scholarship application.
- All data that you submit in this application must be verified with the documents you provided in the Masters application form, and the verification code will be sent to your email.
- You are allowed to make changes in the application until the deadline.The application for scholarships can be done between November 17, 2020 and January 18, 2021.
The selection is based on the applicants’ relative academic excellence, which primarily includes weighted average grade but also home university’s stature (including position on global ranking lists) and priority order of the application for Chalmers Master’s programmes.
Click here to apply for the Chalmers IPOET Scholarships for International Students